When Should My Puppy Have Access to Water While Housetraining?

When can I give my pup water while house breaking?

By Elmer

Well, if you are home all day I would allow the pup to have water whenever it wants and just take the pup outdoors every twenty minutes or teach the pup to use a pee pad every fifteen-twenty minutes. It's going to take time, but if you are consistent, the pup will be too. It is night time when you cannot be alert to watch the pup's needs as much. Keep a pee pad handy and the pup contained for those nightly accidents. Do expect to clean up the pup and it's dwelling spot each morning if the pup is contained in small area where it cannot walk away from it's sleeping quarters.

I take up the water at night and return it after I have taken the pup outside first thing in the morning. Access all day to water, none at night. Do this for a couple of months until you think the dog can hold it. The older the puppy the longer the are able to hold it.

Housetraining a Dog
House Training a Dog
Pets Dogs House TrainingNovember 8, 2010
Cute dog sitting next to poop
Training a Dog to Not Poop Inside
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Pug looking guilty.
Training a Dog to Poop on a Training Pad
Puppy in Crate
Puppy Poops in Crate