Browsing: Cleaning Moldy Smelling Dollar Bills

Mold on Paper Money

How can I get mold out of paper money?

DB from MI

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

why do you say it is mold?? the money is supposed to be green. if you really think it is dirty and whatever take it to a bank and redeem it. why dont you spend it then you would not have to wash it.

Wash the money in the washer. I have wash bills in the washer, put in a little Joy dish soap.

Shonda from Western Ky

The correct way to handle money that is in any way damaged is to take it to a bank and TELL the teller or customer service rep. about it. They will gladly give you 'fresh or clean' money then they will send it back to the Federal Reserve Bank for reimbursement to the bank. If you don't let them know about the nasty stuff on the money it will just get back in circulation again. I am always more careful with dirty money since I had lots of warts suddenly after I became a bank teller. The dermatologist told me it was handling the 'germy' currency and coin.

if you are collecting old paper money then you should contact someone that knows what will or will not affect the value.

if you are not collecting old money then just run it through the wash in your laundry. i've done that countless times by accident. it fades a little but its clean.

paper money clothes pinned on line to dry
Cleaning Moldy Smelling Dollar Bills
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 19, 2006
Preventing Mold On Berries, Moldy Strawberry
Preventing Mold On Fresh Berries
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Picture of garden mulch.
Getting Rid of Mold on Mulch
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
Saving Money on Toilet Paper
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 23, 2016 at 9:50:23 PM on 10.0.2.187 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.