Rat Trap

This simple but powerful trap is created with only three materials. The materials are:

• Cardboard paper
  • Rat glue
  • Piece of wood

Directions:

Get a piece of cardboard paper, pour the rat glue on the surface and place two pieces of wood on both sides. Put a piece of food at the center of it and drop at the part the house the rat passes regularly. Once it gets attracted to the food, it will step on it to eat and will be glued to the trap.

By Taura from jos

I know this is going to sound stupid to alot of people, but there are better humane ways to get rid of mice and rats. This is a horrible death for these creatures. What do you do with them while they are dying a slow death? At least the traps kill them immediately. I am not into poison, because they go outside to look for water and hawks and owls can get them and poison them. For mice, we use have a heart traps and release them out of town in fields. Please don't think that I am wacky, but the glue thing is a slow death.

I do not think you are wacky at all. I totally agree with you. There is death and then there is torture. Death should be quick and humane for any animal that must be put down. People now, who have the brains to know they have done wrong, now that is another matter.

I agree with both of you...do it humanely! To leave any creature stuck in glue to die is just plain cruel. I certainly hope no one follows Taura from jos suggestion. There are plenty of more humane ways available.

You can put the rat out of its misery once it is stuck. Rat poison is also horrible stuff. Rat traps can also be if the rat is caught and not killed immediately but rats are also really bad to have around. Best of all probably is to get a rat terrier. They kill them very quickly. Trapping and releasing them may be a good option but you may also just be causing a problem for someone else.

Susan from ThriftyFun

My friend had mice/rodent/rat problem. She did not really want to use extermination as she is an animal lover----the exterminator's wife shared a secret with her that worked! She said to burn sage in the rooms and the rodents think there is a fire from the smell and will leave. It did work. No chemicals.

Home and Garden Pest Control RatsAugust 28, 2007
Pack rat collection
Organizing Tips for a Pack Rat
Dryer Lint Trap
Cleaning the Dryer Lint Trap
baby skunk and wildflowers
Removing a Skunk from a Live Trap
Leprechaun Trap
Leprechaun Trap Cake
🎉
🎄