Cereal Box Purse

Did you know you can make a purse from a cereal box? Very easy, cover box with any fabric, sew handles or straps on each side as long as you want them.

By Kathleen from Dothan Al

Please post a photo of this. I'd love to see how it looks.

Yes, yes! Photo please! Sounds like a great idea!

I do not have a picture of the purse I made several years ago. Use a cereal box you like, make a pattern by drawing it on some paper (news paper or any paper that's big enough) use a marker or crayon. Mark around the bottom of the box then around the sides of the box. Cut it out and you will have a pattern. Allow a little for the seams, very easy, then make the straps as long & as wide as you want them. After you make 1 let us know how it turned out, ok? Good luck.

There is a step by step picture guide on here. It was enough for me to figure out how to do it and inspired some ideas of my own.

Cereal Box Purses
Crafts MiscellaneousJanuary 12, 2009
Placemat Purse
Making a Placemat Purse
Plarn coin purse.
Plarn Coin Purse
Cereal Box Guitar
Making a Cereal Box Guitar
Making a Cigar Box Purse
Making a Cigar Box Purse