MicePest Control

Dead Mouse on My Bed!

I am really freaked out by this. I woke up at 4am and a dead baby mouse fell off me when I got out of bed. I have no idea where they came in from, and/or if there are any more, but I need a suggestion on what I can use in my bedroom to keep them out. I use baking soda in my DD's closet and she has no mice, but in my bedroom i have no idea where they are coming from. Please help! I am terrified and creeped out by mice. Thank you for any and ALL suggestions on this.

jmz2005 from Illinois

Do you have a cat? Sometimes they bring us such lovely gifts as these dead things as a lovey. If not, I hope you find a remedy soon! YICK!

No we dont have any pets, we are not allowed to have them (we rent).

Peppermint oil on cotton balls placed in areas will keep them away , they hate that smell.

Hope you find out how it got on you. I hate them too but living in the country it is something you deal with being surrounded by field corn..

Good luck

They're not nice little presents to get in the morning, are they? :) When we lived in the Northeast in a rural area, we had our share of little field mice; here's what the DH did to cut down on the darlings;

Check your baseboards, closets, nooks and crannies for openings ( they can get in even the smallest ones, like that little bit of space around the pipes under the sink); fill those holes with steel wool ( not the pre-soaped scrubbing pads, but the stuff you can buy in small bales at the hardware store).

Sometimes just doing that will make a difference; if you have a persistent bunch ( and are not up to putting down rodent poison or calling in an exterminator) you can cut small squares of chicken wire with small grid and put them in place in the same areas where the steel wool is placed.

It was a little bit of a project in the drafty old house we had then, but we rarely saw mice in the house after that.