Homemade Apple Juice - Tips and Ideas

Tips and ideas for making your own apple juice. Post your ideas.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

At the beginning of fall or late summer, the price of apples go down. I usually have apples offered to me by loved ones, because the apples are getting old. Old apples make good apple juice. I juice the apples and freeze them in milk cartons, (with the lids off till completely frozen). In the summer time the apples can be mixed with any kind of fruit juice, tea or even kool aid. I don't care for straight apple juice, but I love it mixed with other fruit juices, or even punch.

By Ardis Barnes

I use apple juice I make for part of the liquid in a beef stew, I also chop up an apple and put in my beef stew.

Could somebody please tell me how to make apple juice? ie; do I throw the apples in a blender or what? I did that and it came out a thick brown puree! That does not sound right does it? I need help, would somebody please give me a clue! Thank-you!

Here's what you can do. First get 12 apples, clean them, peel them and cut them up small enough to put in a measuring cup. Then get 3 quarts of boiling water with 3 teaspoons of cream of tartar in it. Pour the 3 quarts boiling water over your apples and wait 24 hours after that strain the juice with a rag or something. Then measure 8 cups of juice and put it in a kettle with 2 cups sugar. Then can it and there you go HOMEMADE APPLE JUICE. I have only made this once and I am never doing it again, because it's way too much work. It tastes great :)

Ardis Barnes says she juices her apples. How do you juice apples? Is it possible to arrive at a cloudy (therefore nutritious) juice?

For all of you who have made apple juice, what apples provide the most juice?

I love apple juice!

<3

ok ok get this I love apple juice and ill don anything to have it but its never in my frige and im only 12 years old :( WANT APPLE JUICE. Any tips?

Thanx

:) :D

Get a juicer.

I made some apple juice the other night, only cost me $30 and it lasted me for like 2 weeks. It was some good stuff

Can somebody PLEASE tell me now to make apple juice concentrate. I have two trees FULL of very small apples - one lovely sweet eatable apples, the other more of a crab. I've previously made apples jelly which is delicious, but this year want to make concentrate to last. HELP!

You can make apple juice concentrate by boiling down cider that you buy in the store or from a farm. Just place in a pot and boil down until the juice is a bit thick and it will taste very strong, (this takes a long time) you can add sugar, cinnamon sticks and/or cloves to it if you like. I use this concentrate to flavor apple pies and all kinds of desserts as well as a syrup.

To properly make apple juice, you must SQUEEZE the juice out of the apples. This takes a ton of pressure, so you'll have to make a contraption to do it for you. With two pieces of wood and two C clamps you can make a perfectly good apple press. You'll want to put a cored apple wrapped in cheesecloth between the wooden planks and tighten the C clamps on either side, with a collection bowl to catch the juice. This is the only method of making proper apple juice.

There is now a product called Simply Apple Juice. It is pure Apple juice, no additives, concentrate, sugar, or anything put pure fresh apple juice. Best stuff ever! I drink it every day. It looks like apple cider, is dark, and cloudy so make sure you shake it. They also make a Simply Orange Juice, Lemonade, and others. No I don't work for them. LOL Much cheaper and easier then making your own. I've done the math, and for what I get, versus buying the apples and making it, it's no contest. I'm buying it. Now if I had my own trees that might be different.

PS. You can boil the apples down using a big pot, a few inches of water, and cut up apples. When it starts to boil, turn down the heat a bit and let them dejuice themselves. No need to press them. Now it's just a matter of decideing to filter the juice, or leave it unfiltered.

Comment

Homemade Apple Juice
Making Homemade Apple Juice
Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitJune 15, 2005
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
finished juice bag gift bag
Juice Pouch Crafts
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
A glass of orange juice.
Saving Money on Juice
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 12:39:23 PM on 10.0.1.43 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.