Cupcake in a Cone

Great for children's parties!

Instead of preparing cupcakes using the paper liners, you can eliminate a waste of paper as well as making the cleanup a snap when serving them to your little guests with this tip I have used. Put the flat-bottom type ice cream cones in your muffin pan. Fill about 2/3 full with the cupcake batter and bake until done. Times will vary, but it will take about the same time as it does when using the liners. If the children are old enough, they can create their own topping choices if you'll set a variety out for them to access. You may want to present the cones to them already iced and let them do the rest. If you're transporting them, just leave them standing in the muffin pans.

By Sandy from Elon, NC

I don't get this: "flat part of one". Does that mean the part where the ice cream would go, or the flat bottom part? If that's the case, I still don't get it... you put the cone into a muffin tin standing upwards,.. and the batter gets poured into the cone or around? Sorry. Just not getting this one, but I do have a birthday coming and she'd love this! Please respond.

You just sit a cone ( like from mcDs ) in the pan and fill with batter and bake.

Dear Guest, You put the flat bottom cones, flat side down in the muffin tins. Fill the cones,just like you would if you were making cupcakes/muffins. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the "cone" cake comes out clean. It is so easy. I made 125 chocolate cake cones with Cool Whip as frosting for Vacation Bible School .The kids loved them. You can use any flavor cake mix and frosting mix you like. Have fun.

Great Granny Vi

WOW! Thanks for the great eatable prize treat (given to my grand children from their mother), for doing all of their house hold chores and to the little ones in my neighborhood that come to visit Grandpa Doug. Icing with sugar free cool whip is a great idea for these little gems causing no more sugar high's for the kids! Thanks for the idea! It's the greatest!

I also like to top these with a whipped topping, as it then looks like an ice cream cone -- sorta!!

Just a pointer -- the cones do lose their crispiness as they absorb the moisture from the cake, so these are best served the day they are baked. They are still good the next day, but the cone is not as crunchy.

Make these all the time. but found that the cones are flimsy in the muffin pan. So I get a 13 by 9 baking pan cover it with a heavy foil, make wholes in it to fit the cones and bake like that. No more falling cones.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Baking CakesFebruary 12, 2009
Foam Cone Poinsettia Tree
Making a Foam Cone Poinsettia Tree
Colorful Snow Cone
Snow Cone Recipes
Pine Cone Snowman
Making a Pine Cone Snowman
Ice Cream Cone
Ice Cream Cone Tips
🎄
🍂