Removing a Layer of Rubber Between Paint and Concrete on Balcony

I was planning on repainting my balcony floor and expected to simply scrape away the old paint. However, what I found was that the concrete had a layer of rubber between it and the paint. What is this stuff? How can I remove it? I tried a little spot, but even with a scraper, there is a lot of rubber left behind on the concrete. What is an easy way of removing all of this so I can get back to the concrete base?

By Julie B from Los Angeles, CA

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I've never seen or heard of this particular problem before but what I can suggest from other experiences is to scrape off all you can and then use a metal scrub brush and water in a circular motion to remove the residue. Sometimes things just aren't easy but the effort is worth the final outcome. ;-)

Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairSeptember 4, 2010
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
A crafter using rubber stamps to decorate a handmade card.
Cleaning Rubber Stamps
Pile of Colorful Rubberbands
Using Rubber Bands to Make Stamps
Old wooden ladder leaning against a concrete wall with painted designs.
Removing Paint from Concrete
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 8:41:32 PM on 10.0.2.188 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.