Dye Transfer on Corduroy Jacket

I had accidentally washed my cream corduroy jacket with a purple t-shirt. After the wash I figured out that my corduroy jacket were stained with purple spots. How do I get rid of them. I tried soaking it in bleach water but that didn't work. Please help.

Margerita from India, New Delhi

Try Rit color remover. It costs around $3 and found it works well.

The makers of Rit dye make a Dye & color remover, I don't think it'll remove the original color from your cream jacket since it's already a light color, just the "fugitive-type" dye that faded on to it. This dye & color remover is sold where they sell Rit Dyes. If this doesn't work, try Hydrogen Peroxide followed by Ammonia then wash in the machine, & if you're ready to throw the jacket away, you can always try Bleach (in the machine) as a last resort. Just make sure the bleach is TOTALLY mixed in with the water before adding your garment!

* You can always call these guys, they sell dyes on the internet & they REALLY know their business when it comes to dyes (& removing them):

http://www.dharmatrading.com (800) 542-5227

Thanx for the advice,butI would love to knw the quantity of hydrogen perioxide along with ammonia whether to soak it in water which is luke warm or cold and for how long?kindly mention the type of the two ingredient because there are many categories of same so that it becomes easier to choose.

young in green corduroy jacket
Cleaning Corduroy
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsNovember 13, 2008
Light colored leather couch.
Removing Fabric Dye from a Leather Couch
older doll
Removing Fabric Dye from a Doll
Man Washing Clothes
Preventing Dye Transfer When Washing Clothes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink