Keep Track of Underwear Sizes With Dots

When you have 3, 4 or more children all the same sex and close in age it can be difficult to keep underwear and socks sorted and in the correct drawers. We all know about "Hand-me-Downs". Dealing with them can be helpful if you use a permanent marker and put 1 dot it in the waistband or tag of the underwear for the oldest child.

When they pass it down to the second child, you add another dot. Add a third dot for the third child, and if they are still not worn out you can keep passing it down just adding a dot to indicate which child's pile and drawer each item would go to. Socks can be marked on the bottom. Makes life in the laundry room much easier!

Source: My mom. Learned this as she raised six children born in 10 years.

By K. Kahn from Ft. Collins, CO

Great idea! I have to tell you it turned a light bulb on when I read this tip! I always cut the size tags out of mine (they make me itch) and I never can remember what size to buy again so now I'll dot the size on the waist bands with my next purchase ;-) Thanks!

My 2 girls would argue all the time about their underwear, whose was whose, until I finally clued in and told them to put their initials on the tag. Works great, saves me a headache.

An organized underwear drawer.
Organizing Underwear
Organizing ClothingFebruary 9, 2009
A pile of women's underwear.
Organizing Your Underwear Drawer
Potted Rosemary plant.
Keeping Track of Plant Information
glue dots on strip of release paper
Homemade Glue Dots
sliding patio door
Cleaning a Sliding Door Track
🎉
🎄