Homemade Glue Dots
October 22, 2015
Read More Comments
Using recycled release paper, which everyone has but might not know it, and the Best Glue Ever from ScraPerfect, it's simple and cheap to make thousands of glue dots in any size, thickness, or shape--even lines!
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 bottle Best Glue Ever ($7.49)
- 1 sheet recycled "Release Paper" (This is the "waxy" paper left behind from postage stamps, name tag stickers, shipping labels, ATG guns or even the strips from bought Glue Dots. ($0)
- Make big, tiny, or even lines of Glue Dotz for buttons, gems, and fiber for pennies! Make them in sheets or rolls, and make sheets of ready-to stick embellishments. All you need is some recycled release paper and The Best Glue Ever. Yes, thats the name of this amazing glue from ScraPerfect. You don't have recycled release paper, you say? Sure you do! It's the backing paper from postage stamps, name tag stickers, address labels, and many mail order receipts.
- For rolls of sticky dots, you'll need strips of two-sided release paper. The paper that's usually tossed from adhesive applicators like ATG guns is just perfect for making rolls of sticky spots, or save the paper roll from the last sticky dots you purchased. Even the cover strip from tape on USPS Priority Mail Boxes is double sided release paper. Keep your eyes open and you'll soon find it all around you!
- One step and done! Tape down the ends of the paper strips onto a table, and start applying the glue in any size or shape you need. Since the glue holds its shape, if you want your dots to be very thin, use the tip of the bottle spout to spread the glue. Otherwise just dot 'n go. As the glue dries it gets tackier, and when it turns from white to clear, it is dry and ready.
- Make big, tiny, or even lines of Glue Dotz for buttons, gems, and fiber for pennies! Make them in sheets or rolls, and make sheets of ready-to stick embellishments.
So, in addition to avoiding the packaging of purchased adhesive dots, youre also recycling while saving money.
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
April 16, 2011
Does any one know how to make the clear glue dots used to adhere eyes, etc., when crafting?
They come on a roll of paper.
By Jane from Martintown, Ontario
Answer this Question
April 21, 20110 found this helpful
It's easy to make glue dots with. Tack it over and over! I got it in Michaels.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.