Beware Battery Testers

All of a sudden, my Kodak Easy Share digital camera would turn off as soon as it turned on. Or do nothing. Changing batteries didn't help. I even tested all the batteries on a battery tester. The tester was showing the batteries to be OK, when in fact, they were all subprime. Before I threw it out, I checked one last time with another (5th set) of batteries and it worked just fine. And all of the batteries had expiration dates some two years down the road.

I've been having trouble with my Easy Share, too. What kind/brand of tester did you use? Also, my Easy Share dock will not recharge camera, although it will transfer to the computer. Have you come up against this??

The tester is about 10 years old. I don't have a dock - just rely on batteries*.

Recently purchased a Digital AC universal adapter from Wal-Mart that has a range of volts and tips. My camera, the Z700, takes 3 volts. About $15.

If you order it via their internet site, it will be delivered free to a store you choose. Might even be already at your local store. This adapter is for use when doing things that do not involve taking pictures (like transferring pictures to the computer).

*Now, about the batteries: while trying to figure out what was going on, I decided to measure the batts to see if there was a difference in height. Yes, there was (approx. 1/16 inch). I measured Duracell, Energizer and something else. Figured that a lack of contact could be part of the problem.

The batts that finally functioned were Duracell Ultra.

We had the same problem with an Easy Share with a docking port. We thought it was the actual docking station, but we bought a new set of rechargable batteries, and that solved the problem. Rechargable batteries, after a time, wear out and won't hold a charge any more.

To Jess: Tried replacing batteries, calling Kodak (no response); no luck.

Oh thank you! I thought it was my camera! This is a much better and less expensive fix.

I had the same problem, it turns out my camera was draining the regular batteries too fast. The solution was to buy higher-powered batteries, suc has Lithium ones.

Digital cameras with larger lcd screens, electric zoom and auto-flashes have a tendency to eat up batteries a lot faster than a simple point and shoot camera. I've also found Energizer Lithium batteries to last the longest in my camera.

Battery Tester
Using a Battery Tester
Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small)May 11, 2007
Riding Mower
Riding Mower Battery Won't Hold a Charge
Car Battery
Car Battery Tips
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery