Milk Stains on a Stove

How do I remove dried milk stains from my stove? I did not get it wiped up right away and it will not come off. Please help since it is a new stove.

Sage05 from PA

Take a used dryer sheet (or even just a cloth or a bunch of paper towels), soak it with water, and lay it on the dried on milk. Let that sit for a few mintues and then wipe it up.

Magic Eraser :) it cleans everything.. makes my stove shine!

My favorite thing to clean my stove top and oven is baking soda. Sprinkle it on the milk stain or any other stain or baked on food. Wet a paper towel and scrub the stain until it disappears. Rinse the area with clear water and then shine with a dry paper towel. My stove is 9 years old, and still looks like new except where the burner grates have worn into the enamel under the edges. I have never used anything to clean my oven except baking soda. Even a couple weeks ago when I dumped my Christmas Pumpkin Pie into the oven!! Hope I never do that again. My husband had to take the door off and take the floor of the oven out so that I could get it all cleaned up. But it looks great again.

Harlean from Arkansas

Sage05,

Is this a smooth glass topped stove? If it is then you may have more of a problem removing the stains. I have white stains on burner area and I am lost for ideas to try in cleaning them. I have tried putting a small amount of white vinegar on the spots and they partially came off. I think mine is hard water stained that looks like milk spots.

Needs help too,

From Maine

Try Barkeepers Friend. It is a low abrasion dry cleanser. Or Soft Scrub. I had a smooth top range many years ago and would never, ever buy one again. I thought it would be so easy to keep clean, but it was a nightmare. Every drop of anything, even water, burned on to it.

I'd fold a paper towel, wet it with very warm water, squeeze most water out, then lay it right on the milk

stains and let sit for 15 min. or so, then rub with

baking soda and dry. This should work on any flat surface with any kind of finish. Good luck. : )

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJanuary 7, 2007
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
🎄