Mysterious Grease Stains on Clothing

When my wife washes my t-shirts they come out with stains on them. The stain looks like a light kind of round oil stain. We can't figure out where these stains are coming from. They are on my white and colored t-shirts. All of them go in clean and come out stained. We even got a new washing machine.

By Luke from Anaheim, CA

Since you have a new washing machine, it might still be under warranty. Call the store where you bought it and explain the problem that you're having. They just might send someone over to take a look at it and fix the problem.

Maybe it's something in the dryer. Try checking it every time before you throw the clothes in. I say this because I had a tiny puddle that appeared in the bottom of the drum during humid weather. I noticed it before anything happened but would have had mystery stains, too, if I hadn't accidentally seen it.

I stopped having this problem when I stopped using dryer sheets. Not sure if it a coincidence.

It's your drier sheets :( Boohoo! Idk if you know, drier sheets are full of nasty toxins. Use white vinegar in your final rinse. The smell will be gone when the clothes are dry and will still smell good, like your soap. Way cheaper! I rarely use products from the store, the Internet is full of much safer diy 'recipes' that you'll be pleasantly suprised work As well or better, and cost substantially less :)

How do you get the dryer sheet stains out?

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryNovember 15, 2010
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
person in t-shirt pouring food oil in bowl
Cleaning Food Oil Stains from T-Shirts
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄