Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Mysterious Grease Stains on Clothing

0EmailPrintFollowSave

When my wife washes my t-shirts they come out with stains on them. The stain looks like a light kind of round oil stain. We can't figure out where these stains are coming from. They are on my white and colored t-shirts. All of them go in clean and come out stained. We even got a new washing machine.

By Luke from Anaheim, CA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,752 11/15/2010 Flag

Since you have a new washing machine, it might still be under warranty. Call the store where you bought it and explain the problem that you're having. They just might send someone over to take a look at it and fix the problem.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Chris 1 68 11/23/2010 Flag

Maybe it's something in the dryer. Try checking it every time before you throw the clothes in. I say this because I had a tiny puddle that appeared in the bottom of the drum during humid weather. I noticed it before anything happened but would have had mystery stains, too, if I hadn't accidentally seen it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By webbie 1 06/29/2013 Flag

I stopped having this problem when I stopped using dryer sheets. Not sure if it a coincidence.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Rpottsl 1 11/27/2014 Flag

It's your drier sheets :( Boohoo! Idk if you know, drier sheets are full of nasty toxins. Use white vinegar in your final rinse. The smell will be gone when the clothes are dry and will still smell good, like your soap. Way cheaper! I rarely use products from the store, the Internet is full of much safer diy 'recipes' that you'll be pleasantly suprised work As well or better, and cost substantially less :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes