Share Crafts

Mysterious Grease Stains on Clothing

When my wife washes my t-shirts they come out with stains on them. The stain looks like a light kind of round oil stain. We can't figure out where these stains are coming from. They are on my white and colored t-shirts. All of them go in clean and come out stained. We even got a new washing machine.

By Luke from Anaheim, CA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,753 11/15/2010

Since you have a new washing machine, it might still be under warranty. Call the store where you bought it and explain the problem that you're having. They just might send someone over to take a look at it and fix the problem.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Chris 1 68 11/23/2010

Maybe it's something in the dryer. Try checking it every time before you throw the clothes in. I say this because I had a tiny puddle that appeared in the bottom of the drum during humid weather. I noticed it before anything happened but would have had mystery stains, too, if I hadn't accidentally seen it.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By webbie 1 06/29/2013

I stopped having this problem when I stopped using dryer sheets. Not sure if it a coincidence.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Rpottsl 1 11/27/2014

It's your drier sheets :( Boohoo! Idk if you know, drier sheets are full of nasty toxins. Use white vinegar in your final rinse. The smell will be gone when the clothes are dry and will still smell good, like your soap. Way cheaper! I rarely use products from the store, the Internet is full of much safer diy 'recipes' that you'll be pleasantly suprised work As well or better, and cost substantially less :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No