Repairing Spring Hook on Couch

My heavy husband fell onto our circa 1970's sturdy, oak couch and flattened out a hook that holds one of the S curve springs taut. We'd like to get it back together, as it's a very solid couch and we really need to have it back in order. The hook is probably not repairable, as it was made to hold a very strong spring taut and so bending it back is likely to break it. What can we do to repair it as closely to it's original strength as possible?

By nekocat from OR

If you take the original hook to a machine shop they should be able to make a new one for a modest sum. Try a smaller business first. I have had several small plastic hooks made in metal for the closet organizer when the plastic ones gave out.

You might also try your local Ace Hardware store. See what kinds of pre-fab S-hooks they have. With a heavy hubby, you might need something pretty heavy-duty, pardon the pun! I was once married to a man whose weight ballooned to nearly 400 pounds, so I know the embarrassment of hubby breaking furniture! One of my most mortifying moments was when the man sat in a friend's office chair and broke it.