Removing Gravel From Your Lawn Edge

Getting the stones and gravel out of the edge of your lawn which were dumped by highway trucks for ice and snow is a tedious job. I found that using a shop vac is much easier and faster and does a very nice job.

By Frances from Bath, PA

Brilliant idea.

You could also rent a electric rotating brush that will push the gravel and stones into a pile. My neighbor rents one and cleans his lawn of gravel stones and other debris. Very fast and does a great job.

This was great seeing the article about the shop vac for removing gravel as I have done this very same thing for years ! By far the easiest way for this old guy to get the job done. People driving by sometimes wonder about me but who cares.I also use a mr grabber with the suction cups for removing small amounts of dolemite and pine cones from the yard.

I use an electric leaf blower and blow the gravel back onto the street. If put close enough to the gravel it really gets it out there.

Home and Garden Gardening SeasonalMarch 18, 2009
Patchy unhealthy lawn.
Homemade Lawn Fertilizer Recipes
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Child's hand picking an English daisy in the lawn.
Alternatives to Having a Lawn
Gravel Driveway
Preventing and Killing Weeds in Gravel