Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Gravel From Your Lawn Edge

Getting the stones and gravel out of the edge of your lawn which were dumped by highway trucks for ice and snow is a tedious job. I found that using a shop vac is much easier and faster and does a very nice job.

By Frances from Bath, PA

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Vi Martin [4]01/19/2012

I use an electric leaf blower and blow the gravel back onto the street. If put close enough to the gravel it really gets it out there.

By Rod Olson01/19/2012

This was great seeing the article about the shop vac for removing gravel as I have done this very same thing for years ! By far the easiest way for this old guy to get the job done. People driving by sometimes wonder about me but who cares.I also use a mr grabber with the suction cups for removing small amounts of dolemite and pine cones from the yard.

By Deanj03/19/2009

You could also rent a electric rotating brush that will push the gravel and stones into a pile. My neighbor rents one and cleans his lawn of gravel stones and other debris. Very fast and does a great job.

By Joan [2]03/18/2009

Brilliant idea.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.