Gift WrappingGifts

Scented Christmas Gift Bags

I store my Christmas gift bags and tissue paper in a sealed plastic container along with 6 Christmas Spice scented tealight candles. The bags and tissue absorb and maintain the scent very well.

It is a lovely way to add a little festive touch and costs next to nothing. ( I paid a dollar at our local $$ store for a box of 6 scented tealight candles). And your home will smell lovely!

For my year round gift bags, boxes and tissue paper, I store them in a separate container with a scented candle called Rain Fresh.

By Hedera from Ontario, Canada

Please only give these to people that you KNOW are NOT allergic to fragrances. The scent from your candles is absorbed by the bag and will be passed on to any gift you place in the bag.

It does not take much to cause problems for a person with allergies. I have received money from the bank that had absorbed scent from previous users and I not only have to suffer from the scent coming off the money; it then gets into the lining of my wallet and my purse and it is almost impossible to get out.

So, please be kind and don't "scent" anything that will be passed on to others; unless, you are 100% positive that they have no allergies. After all, we don't run around with giant signs and gas masks on so you can tell who we are.

The scented bags & paper have

NEVER irritated anyone that has

received a gift in them.

I would never knowingly give a person

sensitive to fragrances a scented gift.

The world seems to be full of folk wanting

]to jump on the "allergy" bandwagon

.....this was a tip, not an order for everyone

to scent their gift wrap....

quite frankly, I dont think the lecture was

necessary.

The majority of individuals are irratated

and sensitive to fragrances .....very few

are truly allergic.

We store our Christmas Decorations in plastic totes and cardboard boxes with a little Christmas potpourri in the bottom. We can buy the potpourri on sale after the holiday. Th potpourri keeps mice and bugs out of the decorations and they are lightly scented when you get them out the next year. It works very well!

People that sensitive to those gift bags would not be able to enjoy any gifts from other people. Sadly, no soaps, candlers, lotions, powders, cosmetics and many food items. I think you would know if someone was that sensitive before you gave them a gift at all. My niece and nephew were that sensitive when they were babies.

For goodness sake people! How you carry on so regarding a wonderfully pleasant idea as a scented gift bag! Hedera, I love the thought of receiving a present in one. Afterall, we're not talking about taking a spray cologne and drowning a bag in fragrance.