Leaves Turning Brown on a Nyctanthes Arbor-Tristis

I have planted a rare plant two weeks ago. New leaves started coming, but suddenly from last 3 days leaves started shrinking and leaves are slowly turning brown. I would like to know the reason and remedy for the plant. I appreciate the quick response. Its botanical name is (Nyctanthes arbor-tristis)

Hema from Houston, TX

Your plant grows well in a variety of soils and situations. It may be increased by means of cuttings in early summer and by seeds. This plant is a jasmine like shrub, that can grow into a small tree, related to the Olive family, Oleaceae, also known as Night Jasmine, a native of India, best grown in Florida and S. Calif.outdoors . It is also called, the Tree of Sadness, with flowers that open only from dusk to dawn. It needs fertile peaty soil in a well drained pot, with moist air temp of about 60 degrees Older plants are pruned back, repotted and started over in late winter or early spring. They need

watering freelly from spring to fall, more moderately in winter. Use regular dilute liquid fertilizer during active growth.

I have never grown this plant, but would suggest the brown leaves may indicate overwatering, poor soil

drainage, or transplant shock. If it were mine, although it may be too late, I'd try placing it outside

in a semi-shady area but watching it dry out on a daily basis. If it begins the slightest reblooming, it

might make it. If not, the surest sign of plant death

would be that the bark is not green when scratched, or is mushy when scratched.

Houston has a good climate for tropicals to be grown outdoors, so if it makes it through whatever it's gone through, I'd leave it outdoors and just watch it so it will NEVER dry out OR get watter logged again.

AND, I'd give any new leaves a spritz of Sea Kelp.

Being a Jasmine, they don't like to be touched much.

If anything like a Ficus, they can lose their leaves and look totally dead after MOVED around, then after a week or two of not being moved, they begin to recover. God bless and help you with one of His creations. : )

Dont worry...mine sheds every year after flowering. It will be ok!

I live in Los Angeles. I transplanted this plant from a pot to the ground last Saturday. I noticed yesterday that the leaves are slowly turning brown and shrinking. Does anyone know why it happens? Any quick response is appreciated. Thanks.

Home and Garden Gardening Plant HealthJuly 19, 2007
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Lilac Bush
Lilac Leaves Turning Yellow
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Lilac Flowers
Lilac Leaves Turning Brown
🎉
🎄