Be Grateful For What You Have

contest winner icon

Sure, financial hardship stinks. No one wants to struggle, to say no to themselves and their children, to feel as if they're going backwards rather than forwards. But the easiest way to get out of the slump of despair is to think of everything you do have - and most of us still have a lot. Our grandparents lived through much, much worse times than this. Our parents probably did too. So try not to focus on how bad you have it and think about all of the blessings you have instead.

By Lynda from Kearny, NJ

Amen, Lynda! :-)

Linda, I love this uplifting thought! I know hubby wouldn't say I do this, but I do. :)

I too sometimes bemoan my disability check and how small it is. How I can't even go to a 3.00 movie, buy anything even new to me, shop at any yard sales or get my hair done. Then I go downtown and see people living under bridges.

And I go home to my tiny apartment, get on the computer, pet my cat, eat something because I can, watch a little tv, take a hot shower, and sleep in a bed.

All of the above are things those folks can't do. So yes, you are right. And we should do this every single day.

Frugal Living Advice
Frugal Living Advice
Better Living Frugal Living AdviceJuly 7, 2011
Chopping Wood, Axe in Wood Log
Chopping Wood
A pile of apple slices.
Freezing Apples
Putting Money in Change Purse
Living a Frugal Lifestyle
Self Rising Flour
Making Self Rising Flour