Cleaning Your Curling Iron

How do I get hairspray off a curling iron?

By Beverly from Oswego, NY

Have you tried swabbing it with alcohol (make sure it's unplugged first!), I think the alcohol may dissolve the hairspray.

I also use alcohol too. I take an old sock and put the alcohol on it and it dissolves the hairspray.

As a retired hairstylist of thirty years I can honestly tell you the easiest way is to plug in the curling iron and have on the highest heat setting. Take a rag and make sure it's triple folded (to keep you from getting burned), wet it, squeeze most but not all of the water out. 'Unplug' the curling iron and immediately start wiping the iron with the damp rag. You may need to do it two or three times the first time out but after that it will only take once if you maintain on a regular basis :-) The same thing works for a clothes iron too ;-)

I use shampoo on a slightly wet cloth to clean hairspray off of things. A little goes a long way.

Someone curling hair with a pink and black curling iron.
Cleaning a Curling Iron
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ToolsDecember 13, 2009
Cast Iron Wood Stove
Cleaning a Cast Iron Wood Stove
Curling Iron Holder Crafts
Curling Iron Holder Ideas
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
Hair Curling Tips
Hair Curling Tips
🎄