Curling Iron Holder Ideas

Category Tools
An unsuitable placing of a hot curling iron can burn people and surfaces. This guide contains curling iron holder ideas.

I made a hair curling iron holder that is especially great for travel because when you want to leave a hotel, you can insert your it into the holder while hot without worrying about burning your clothes. Buy a silicone hot pad (I got mine at a $1 store) and fold in half the long way. Sew one short end and the long end using a heavy duty needle. Insert curling iron

Source: A friend

By Elaine from Belle Plaine, IA

Not knowing what to do with an odd flannel pillowcase, I decided to make a travel bag that I could put my hot curling iron in.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Instructions:

1. Whether using a pillowcase or fabric, cut a rectangle 28 x 20 inches. Fold your fabric in half so you end up with a 14 x 20 inch rectangle, right sides together.

2. Use the pattern photo as a guide; make a curved cut on the top left corner (see photo) and two curved cuts, on the other 14 inch side, ending approximately 2 inches down. Starting at this point, continue with the second curve ending with a straight 8 inch side on the second 14 inch side. I used a dinner plate for my curve; this is only a suggestion for the curves any angle will work.

3. Ad

4. Sew an 1/8 inch seam around from the folded edge around to within 6 inches of the other folded edge.

5. Turn right side out, turn in the un-sewn 6 inch and finish the 1/8 inch seam.
  6. Once that is done fold the edge (A) with the single curved cut over to the center (B) of your fabric; sew from the bottom of the curve to the fold.

7. Fold the remaining fabric completely over the first half (C will line up with A) then fold that part that is left overlapping (D will line up over B) back accordion style to match up with the right side.

8. Pin your ribbon ties in-between the layers just below the (D) curve. Pin both edges and stitch down from where the curve ends across the bottom and back up to where the curve starts.

You now have a place to slip your hot iron in the back compartment, the folded cord into the second and a brush and comb in the front compartment and not have to wait for them to cool to put them in your suitcase.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

Don't you just hate it when you're trying to pack for a European cruise, and you don't know how keep your hair styling tools together. My DH had an old pair of jeans so I cut out two pieces of fabric and sewed a storage case for both my hot hair curling brush and curling iron. I sewed a seam down the middle of the bag so each tool had its own compartment.

By MCW from Lewiston, NY