How Do I Remove Dried Toothpaste From Carpet?

By Virginia G. 9 12

My granddaughter squirted toothpaste on the carpet. It is dried in and will not come out with regular cleaning (pine cleaner, carpet shampoo, or dish soap). Is there something I can use to get it out without having to snip my carpet?

By Virginia G. from Porterville, CA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Jill 4 738 Flag

If you're sure it is simply toothpaste, I would lay a damp towel over it until it softens, then try to get it up. The other things you tried may simply not have had long enough to rehydrate the toothpaste, because you cannot leave them on too long. Don't make the towel so wet as to wet the rug, but wet enough to share the moisture with the toothpaste. Be patient; and you might need to dampen the towel a bit now and then, it could take several hours.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

thr522587 Flag

I agree with Jilson but it also wouldn't hurt to try using a soft toothbrush (or similar bristle brush) to help loosen it up from between the fibers while the carpet is still dry before soaking and rubbing it up with a rag.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Paula Jo C. 24 261 Flag

Perhaps the whiten-ing agent in the tooth paste has bleached your rug so I would guess yoou will have to just spip it off - sad to say. Keep us informed on what you end up doing ok? Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetFebruary 3, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Someone using a carpet cleaner.
Homemade Carpet Shampoo Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 7:51:16 AM on 10.0.0.141 in 943 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings