Wildlife: Feeding Squirrels (Hyde Park, London)

Here are some photos of my mother feeding a friendly little squirrel on our vacation in Hyde Park, London. She is really good with squirrels as she has a few pet squirrels at home. Some people even call her the Squirrel Whisperer!

By attosa from Los Angeles, CA

Oh how very sweet! Your mom has the courage I lack when feeding the squirrels daily here from my patio! I talk to them and they stand at attention but I place the food on the ground because I am afraid of being bitten. LOL! ;-) I do notice how you mom was holding the food and it does look a lot safer than the forefinger and thumb approach! Really nice photos, Attosa!

Aww that's sweet that you talk to them and feed them! Believe me, I don't have my mum's courage, myself. I'm freaked out they'll bite me, too! I've heard of rabies and just plain, lots of pain- when it comes to squirrels. I noticed her method of safe feeding, too. However, I still don't think I can do it! ;)

My great-grandpa had his pet squirrel, too. He/she would literally sit on my great-grandpa's chest and eat. The original squirrel whisperer! Glad your mum is carrying on in that tradition.

Feeding a Squirrel
Feeding Squirrels
Photos WildlifeJuly 28, 2011
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park Photos and Information
London Broil
Cooking a London Broil
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)