Removing Candle From Broken Jar

Just bought a really nice candle and before I could get in the house with it (in the sack) I dropped it and the whole side and corner of the jar shattered. Can anyone please suggest the best way to save my candle without ruining it. Please help.

By shrooms69 from TX

You will need to make sure you can remove the rest of the glass without cutting yourself! You can place it in a used, clean mason jar, mayo jar, or even in one of the tin metal buckets--whatever is non-flamable that you can put it in for use. I would put something like a cup saucer under it though, when you get ready to burn it.

Use your blow dryer! I would put it on high and just aim it around the leftover broken glass; if you can set the dryer on a counter {or have someone else hold it for you} as the areas of candle get softened you can slide a butter knife or metal nail file between the candle and glass to make sure it stays separated after it cools.

You can wear garden gloves or use a towel between you and the glass to keep your fingers/hand safe from the broken glass.

You could also set the entire thing {I don't know how large the candle is!} into the sink with very hot water and work it out of the glass using the knife trick. A pair of tongs might also come in handy.

Thanx for the ideas! The blow dryer idea worked! Thanks

If its on a garment put a blotting paper on and iron on top of it.if its in a jar try hot water or place it near the stove it will melt.