Making an Exercise Jar
To increase your daily activities, make an exercise jar from a recycled food jar. List simple exercises on Popsicle sticks and them place in the jar. These quick and fun activities help keep you on task.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My brother and I are trying to eat healthier foods and be more active. Since he works full time and is heavily involved in his church, it's difficult for him to get to the gym some days. And I simply can't afford to go. To make being active something to look forward to and more convenient, I made exercise jars. The great thing about these is that we can always add different exercise choices when we need something new!
Total Time: 30-45 minutes
Yield: 1 jar
- 1 glass pasta or mason jar
- 30 + colorful jumbo popsicle sticks
- 1 fine to medium tip marker
- alphabet stickers
- Mod Podge
- 1 paint/craft brush
- Tear the label off the pasta jar and remove any residue. Fingernail polish remover helps with this. Then you can take the rest off with soapy water.
- If you want to give your jar a name, use alphabet stickers and cover it with a layer of mod podge.
- Use the Sharpie to write an exercise on each side of the craft sticks. I made 30+ to cover an entire month. Draw a dot on the right or left tip of each stick.
- Place the sticks in the jar with all the dots facing up or down. Choose one stick per day and do the exercises listed on each side. Place the stick back into the jar with the dot facing the opposite way so you know you've done that one.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.