Dusting Hardwood Floors

If you have hardwood floors and dogs, it is difficult to contain all the dust and dog hair, so what I do is take a dust sweeper (less than $3.00 vs. the disposable brand names) and open a window and have a fan blowing out. Then when I get a decent amount of dust/dog hair, I stick it out the window and shake. This prevents dust from being pushed around. It takes a steady hand but you can guarantee the dust is out of your home!

I have found a vacuum works best for me as I only have 1 & 1/2 lungs and allergies. The vacuum sucks up all the animal hair, pet dander, dust and dirt. Nothing to inhale but clean dust, lint, pet hair and dander FREE air inside the house. Also swipe the air duct covers while you are at it and your utilities minght be a little lower. Be sure and get the cold air return vent covers. If you removed the covers and looked inside, you might be shocked at the lint & dust in there. A vacuum can clean as far as you stick the hose in there.

Hi. Thank you for the information! I have severe allergies to dust mites (and grass pollen). It is tough to be dust mite free. Our window coverings are all plastic/roll down shades and I am particular about cleaning, but I will now check the vents. I may need to invest in a better vacuum, but with wood floors, I have a simple, lightweight one. Thank you again.

Went Chinese shop here,found broom, handle 25''-18" <sweeper part took home shook out loose straw in in went across floors you be amazed at dust i & dirt picks up after used floor duster first. They may sell in other places. Got dust bunnies off ceiling & in corners .Try find one you be amazed what pick up."Cookie17"

Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsJune 8, 2004
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Guilty Basset Hound with muddy feet and a trail of muddy paw prints
Cleaning Dog Prints from Hardwood Floors
Hand wiping white residue off wooden floor
Cleaning Haze on Hardwood Floors