Increasing the Shelf Life of Homemade Caramelized Onions

How do you make caramelized onions that can be kept like chutneys or relishes? I would like to make small jars for a fete.

By Lizzie

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I put the caramelized onions in a freezer bag, making sure the onions are in a thin layer and freeze in a flat position. When I need any, I break off as much as I need. They will thaw easy or you can add them frozen depending on how you are using them. Experiment with a small amount to see you it works for you.

Food and Recipes StorageMay 18, 2011
chopping green onions
Chopping Green Onions
Onions growing in the ground.
Growing Onions
Freezing Green Onions
Freezing Green Onions
Photo of an onion harvest.
Harvesting Onions
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 8:16:47 AM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.