Shoeboxes For Photo Organizing

Well, I was reading all the different ways to use old shoe boxes and thought of one myself. I have collected all these shoe boxes because I just can't see throwing out a perfectly good box that could be used for many other things. I needed to sort a huge box of pictures, you know, the ones that never make it to the photo albums. What I plan on doing is painting these boxes in coordinating colors and using them to file my pictures by date! I will then have easy access to them and I will label the boxes each with what years they are from.

Great ideas from a lot of people on shoeboxes.

Hugs, Jackie from Norton, MA

I think this is a good idea and I like to save nice shoe boxes too but as far as long term storage of pictures and negatives, shoe boxes probably aren't a good choice as they are not acid free or archival quality.....now that would be what a scrapbooker would tell you; however I have stored pictures in their orginal paper envelopes for years and no harm has come to them. I would probably use shoe boxes for photos myself.

Good idea to keep in the original envelopes. If you do store them in the shoeboxes....Store photos FLAT(not standing up). They will warp otherwise, this has happened to me before.

my grandmother uses a shoe box to store reciepts. She puts every reciept for a year, she marks the year on the box and at the end of the year she takes out the box, throws away reciepts she doesnt need and files ones she needs to keep and uses the ones for taxes she needs. She keeps this in a closet in her living room so its out of the way.

Empty shoebox waiting for a new use.
Uses for Shoe Boxes
Organizing PhotosApril 20, 2007
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas
🎉
🎄