How Do I Paint a Patio Umbrella and Chair Seats?

I would like to paint the seats of my patio chairs. They are made of a plastic material similar to canvas, but not very absorbent. I would also like to paint my canvas table umbrella. Any suggestions?

By Barbara from Cape Vincent, NY

I don't think it's such a good idea to paint them. The paint is likely to peel and crack. Better to leave it alone.

I cant see how the chairs are constructed, but could you remove the fabric and replace it with new cotton duck (canvas) fabric? I dont know of any way to paint that kind of material.

I think the color looks great just as it is! However if you are determined to do something stop in at a local paint or hardware store, perhaps bring a chair with you. Today there are various paints for all kinds of stuff. If you can paint it, why not just use a stencil? Pretty flowers, or tropical birds. Good luck to you.

Patio Umbrella
Refurbishing a Faded Patio Umbrella
Home and Garden Repair Furniture OutdoorApril 19, 2011
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
Cleaning Boat Seats
Cleaning Boat Seats
🎉
🎄