Removing Creases from 'Crushed' Curtains

I bought brand new permanently crushed curtains. Why? One, they are gorgeous and two you never have to iron them! I do not iron. However, being packaged they have some lines in them. I tried wrinkle remover, no good. I tried hot steamy shower, no good. And no, I don't have a travel steamer thing. Can someone suggest something? I am at quite the loss. I draped all the panels over a door for few days, but they didn't come out. Any advice? Thanks.

Kathy from Phila, PA

Have you tried washing them in cold water, delicate cycle then putting them in the dryer just till they get warm? Pull them out and hang them and they should stay wrinkle free.

Hi, I bought gorgeous green "crushed" curtains and had the same problem. I put them in the delicate cycle, both wash/dry and they still had the fold line. I iron so, I laid out the damp curtain on the ironing board, set the iron to its lowest setting {careful not burn} for steam and lightly skimmed the surface. The only other way that I can advise is to hang them with some kind of weight in the hem. Good luck!

I'm a single mom that doesn't have time to iron. We have found "Downy Wrinkle Release" you just spray it on, tug out the wrinkles and let dry. WORKS WONDERFULLY! My kids even use it so they don't have to iron.

Good Luck

Wash your curtains and hang them wet. They will dry and pull out any wrinkles or creases.

January 18, 2012 Flag

What is the best way to get wrinkles from packaging out of new crushed voile window panels? I don't want to iron them since they are the crushed material, but there are some deep wrinkles from the packaging. Would just washing and hanging damp work?

By dwutz

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes, you can wash them, but they will lose their wrinkles best if you put them in the dryer after they are washed. If you don't have a dryer, it won't hurt to iron them. Just use a lower heat and some steam. The "crushed" effect won't iron out.

You can tumble the panels in the dryer with a towel that has been wet and rung out so it's not dripping. Tumble on the lowest heat setting. You can do this with the new panels, which should then be wrinkle free. No laundering needed. This has worked for me. Hope it helps you.

my drapes are dry clean only

Light colored drapes.
Removing Wrinkles from Curtains and Drapes
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsFebruary 7, 2008
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
"Permanent" Creases on Slacks
Removing "Permanent" Creases from Clothing