Removing "Permanent" Creases from Clothing

Category Laundry
Often the creases in our clothing resulting from sitting and other activities seem to be permanent, and impossible to remove. This is a guide about removing "permanent" creases from clothing.

Sometimes when you lengthen a garment the crease line from the previous hem remains. The way to get rid of that is to moisten the crease with vinegar, and iron on the hottest setting allowable for the fabric. I always use a press cloth to protect the fabric.

I've been doing this for years very successfully. This is a great solution when styles change or you want to let your growing child wear clothing a while longer.

Spray clothes with a mixture of vinegar and water prior to ironing to help remove creases. This is a guide about removing creases with vinegar spray.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

From sitting so much I seem to have permanent creases in my slacks. I need a way to get rid of the creases. They are where the body meets the legs.

Helen from Ontario Canada

Answers

Best Answer

I've read that you can spray the creases with white vinegar and the creases will iron out.

Did you know that there is a very quick and simple way to achieve permanent creases in your ironing. Simply mix 1/3rd of a cup of vinegar to 2/3rds of a cup of water. Using a spray bottle dampen the fabric in the area that you require the permanent crease. Cover with some brown paper or similar and iron.

By Gary S

Answers:

Ironing Permanent Creases

Wow, Gary, thank you! I will try this on lots of things - especially my oxford shirts - for the sleeves. I assume this work on all cotton?

Jennifer (11/23/2004)

By ILuvDobes