Removing Unintentional Creases in Clothing?

I have a sweater that always has an unintentional permanent crease in the ribbing at the bottom. It is always hung dry, but I need to rewet the crease thoroughly and hand stretch it out before I hang it to dry. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Best Answer

You might want to try to get some iron on seam tape to iron this on the back side of the sweater to keep the sweater laying flat and not creasing when it is hung up to dry. I had an issue like this one before and ended up having to lay the sweater flat on a towel and allow it to dry like this in order to keep the seams flat and not crease. You can also try this one.

Best Answer

Not that it helps your problem but the manufacturer probably had a flaw in their machine that pulled some threads too tight and no one ever corrected it so there are most likely lots of sweaters with the same problem.

I've had this happen with other types of clothing and if I hung them to dry I always had to lay them flat, dampen the area (I sometimes used Wrinkle Release or water/white vinegar mix) and smooth out the wrinkle or even lay something heavy on top to force the wrinkle out.
This is a pain but since it is 'made' into the fabric, it will return after each washing.

Most of the time I lay a towel on top of the dryer/washing machine, lay my piece on top to dry and smooth out that area as it's drying or lay something heavy on top (even my unplugged iron is usually heavy enough if the piece is still damp).
Occasionally, I still have to place a cloth over the area and press with warm iron for a few minutes.

Do you hang on the hanger where it dries on the line or the hanger? That could cause the crease.

Here is a link to preventing / solving wrinkles - www.wikihow.com/reduce-laundry-wrinkles

Wow! Thank you for the suggestions and also for the probable cause!

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJune 22, 2020
😎
📓
🌻
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Unintentional-Creases-in-Clothing.html