Share Crafts

Learning to Use a Serger

I recently purchased my first serger. I am excited to learn how to use it, but for now am at a complete loss. The only local store is Hancock's, where I purchased my serger. But they do not offer any classes or help. So am looking for someone or info on classes, etc.

By sc nana from coastal SC

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By mcw 80 1,753 08/17/2010

Try the following website and use the search box to find a video.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Elaine 173 890 08/18/2010

Do you have a serger that has an automatic threading? Or do you have one like I have, and have to thread it yourself? If you have one like I do, it takes a lot of practice. Soon you can do it very quickly. I would get either a video or a book to help you out. Although they are basically the same, it would be helpful to have instructions for your particular serger. They are like a computer, they are wonderful when they work, but when they don't, it takes all I can do from kicking it! LOL

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By sc nana 1 1 08/19/2010

Thanks for advice to check out utube. I actually was heading there when I read your response. I found a few books that may help some. And a local fabric/craft shop offers hourly lessons, haven't decided if I will do that yet. Appreciate your response, MCW

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No