Storage Solution for a Mobile Home

I live in a mobile home, so space is very limited. I don't have a shed, but if I did, storage there would also be limited. So, we take all of our things to be stored, put them in large plastic totes with a tight sealing lid, and store them under our trailer! I never stick anything in there that would get ruined if it freezes, and I also stick mine up on wooden pallets. Then I just replace my skirting and I have a lot more room to store things without paying to store them!

This works great for most of my holiday items, yard sale items (through winter as I find things I want to sell, I shove them in a tote out there until summer), it would work for baby items that you might be saving for future use, the possibilities are endless.

By Katie from PA

I would rather raise my beds and store the items under the beds in tote bins with lids.

I am afraid that small animals/rodents might get into the totes under the house. Also, where I live there is lots of humidity and I would be afraid that those conditions would affect some items, such as clothing.

We do store our lawnmower and some other items under our mobile home.

Katie I too live in a Mobile Home.

I am about to tear down my shed before it falls down.

I just don't have the money to build a new one ,or the stamina to repair the old one .

I have been Freecycling away much the I rarely use.

Besides giving away I know when I need something(I have a good chance of getting off Freecycle.

Now the other contributers question about storing my lawn mower. My landlord said it would be ok to store it in his garage. I also have relatives and friends that would offer the same.

Oh by the way I will be doing much like you as far as storing some stuff under the trailer in totes.

I Wish You Well My Fellow Pennsylvanian

mobile homes
Storage Solutions for a Mobile Home
Organizing StorageMarch 24, 2006
Mobile Homes in Snow
Winterizing Your Mobile Home
Two pop bottle fish hanging in a window.
Making a Pop Bottle Fish Mobile
Remodeled Mobile Home
Remodeling A Mobile Home
Keeping Animals From Going Under a Mobile Home