Making a Hat From a Bra

I am looking for instructions for making a bra hat and purse.

Janette from Wilkesboro, NC

I have seen those purses made from "bras" but until now I have never seen a hat made from a bra nor seen anyone who would wear one. That is until now, I just saw a bunch of pics submitted by another poster. It got me to thinking, if they make the hat from a bra do they make their purses from the panties? LOL

BUT-- can we make a bra from a hat?

Haven't made a purse yet but the hat is easy Cut the straps off and the back hooks from back strap This is what I did:

I sewed the center of the bra closed Then I took some beaded fringe and sewed it around the "front" of the hat Then I took the back strap and finished the ends Added Velcro to the spot I need it to close in the back I added some feathers and a couple of pins It is cute I think to make the purse you would probably remove the back strap and sew the cups together Leave the top open and add a snap This will let you "close" it. Use the straps for the strap of the purse Sounds logical Guess I will have to go try it I bought a $4.00 bra at the Dollar Store. Have fun with it.

June 16, 2008 Flag

How do I make a hat from a bra?

Janice from Jacksonville, NC

Answers:

Making A Hat From A Bra

Hummmm, why would anyone want a hat made from a bra? (05/13/2008)

By

Making A Hat From A Bra

Tie it under your chin.:) (05/13/2008)

By izzy

Making A Hat From A Bra

LOL - Well I have never heard of this, but had an idea. How about crocheting around it, until you get a large circle. (05/13/2008)

By Daphna101

Making A Hat From A BraRE: Making A Hat From A Bra

This question cracked me up so I had to investigate.

Looks like most people making 'bra hats' are either doing a breast cancer charity walk or are in the Red Hat society.

Sorry I couldn't find any instructions but maybe these pics will give you some ideas:

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes