Recycled Flowery Sachets
These fragrant and easy to make sachets can be hung in your closet, put in your drawer, or displayed in an area that needs a little scent to it. All of these items were recycled from other projects.
- image or digital stamp
- light box or dressmaker's carbon
- muslin fabric
- fabric for backing
- decorative trim for hanging
- sewing machine or needle and thread
- essential oils of your choosing
- pinking shears
- 5 inches decorative trim for hanging
- Take the image and copy it to the size you wish to make by adjusting the size on your printer drop down menu. Mine was 4" X 4".
- We used the light box to copy the pattern onto the muslin fabric. You can also use dressmakers paper and copy it that way as well.
- Next I cut the designs and left about half an inch on each side as well as top and bottom.
- Next I cut the backing fabric bigger than the muslin piece with the image and sewed it with the back towards the machine. I added the hanging trim in the middle of the top to hang it by. (We call this top stitching.) Leave a small open space to put the cotton in.
- Trim around the entire pattern with pinking shears.
- Color your image to suit yourself with regular crayons.
- Add fiberfill and your preference of essential oils to the cotton by dropping a few drops into the cotton.
- Finish the open area with small back stitches.
Now you have a pretty sachet to hang in your closet or in an area you want to stay fresh. One could also can be used in your dresser to keep your clothes smelling nice.
Note: A darling idea for this project would be to use a zigzag stitch or any other cute stitch that wouldn't let the stuffing come out.
By Gem from VA
June 29, 20110 found this helpful
Great idea! Will make cute stocking fillers for Christmas. :-)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 1:14:31 PM on 10.0.1.185 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us