Making The Original Diaper Cake

Do you know how to make the original 3 tier cake where you wrap Styrofoam with baby blankets and pin baby items onto each layer decorating the cake. Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Donna

Best Answer

I used a cute baby bottle as the center. For bottom layer I rolled up receiving blankets around the bottle. The second layer was rolled up cloth diapers (or you could use disposable). I used straight pins in the center to secure both layers. On outside I used diaper pins. The top layer was baby wash clothes and socks. It was big. I recommend making and transporting layers separately, then put them together at the shower. Decorate the cake with small baby stuff, such as pacifiers, rattles, teething necklaces, etc.. Go crazy. It is so cute and fun. You can also use party decorations to match. Well good luck! Ohhhh, and tuck some chocolate inside for mommy!

Do a google search regarding "how to make a diaper cake". I found many sites with great examples and "how-tos".

Do a google search for "Diaper cake directions" and you should get several sites. Also, youtube.com has a very good instructional video. It's not exactly what you're looking for as it doesn't use the styrofoam but every item is useable. It's a lady from the UK that does the video so in your search put in "Nappy Cake Directions". Hers is the best I've seen so far. Also, my niece received a Diaper Wreath for her new baby. There are directions on line for making those also. Good Luck!

Margaret from Denton, Texas

The baby shower I was recently at had the whole cake studded with small essential items, very cute.

FYI

http://www.thri  6393346.tip.html