Major Store Identity Theft Warning

40 million identities hacked! I'm sure most are aware that 40 million identities have recently been hacked; if you're a past customer of any of the following, the safest thing you can do is contact your credit card carrier, cancel your card and request a new replacement.

Some of the accounts hacked include: TJ Max, BJ's Wholesale Club, Office Max, Barnes and Noble, Sports Authority, among others and keep a daily review of your accounts.

By cajun from Collinsville

Editor's Note: This identity theft is from 2006-2007 so it is possible that you have already been reissued a new card. Contact your financial institution regarding this matter.

I don't think you have to cancel your credit card. When my card was hijacked from B J wholesale store several years ago the credit card company contacted me to let me know what had happened and they were canceling the card. In my conversation with the credit card company they told me they knew about the problem 6 months before it was announced. What I do now is to call the credit card company once a week and check on the balance. I know what purchases I have made and if they don't check out they I would notify the credit card company. I also check my monthly statement against my receipts.

Budget & Finance Identity TheftAugust 13, 2008
Home Decor Shop
Name Ideas for a Home Decor Shop
Preventing Identity Theft, Thief in mask on Computer
Preventing Identity Theft
Shredded Privacy
Protecting Personal Information
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft