New Bride's Roast

My daughter, who just married, was given a handmade book of recipes handed down by the bridesmaid's mothers. This recipe was the first my daughter prepared and it was wonderful.

Ingredients

• 4 lbs. of any kind of oven/pot roast
  • (I have used rump and eye of round)
  • 1 10 3/4oz. can of cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 package of Lipton Soup Onion Mix
  • 2 Tbsp. water

Directions

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a small bowl, mix soups and water and stir until well blended. Place a long sheet of aluminum foil in a large baking pan. Put roast in the middle of the pan and pour soup mixture over roast (make sure roast is completely covered). Bring long side of foil over and pinch ends together on all sides. Make sure ends are secured so gravy won't leak out. Cook at 300 degrees F for 4 hours or until temperture reads 180 degrees F. Carefully open foil, remove roast and slice. There will be a lot of gravy! Enjoy!

By Linda from Columbia, SC

Have used this recipe also and one that you use the same ingredients only add a can or pepsi or coke but use crockpot. Cook all day adding pototoes and carrots the last couple of hours. The cola helps tenerize the meat! I use chuck roast.

Have made this recipe only using a crock pot and adding a can of coke or pepsi. Let cook all day then add tators and carrots the last couple of hours before serving! I used chuck roast though.

Just for FYI, I go to Sam's Club and get their brown gravy mix and minced onions. Mix gravy mix about two parts to one part minced onions. These are sold in large containers and will last a long time. I use both these quite often in my cooking. This is much cheaper than buying the packets of the gravy mix.

WOW does THAT take me bacK!!! The very first meal I fixed for my inlaws was a beef roast!! I also used a loaf of frozen bread instead of hot rolls, made mashed potatoes and some green veggie. Did I mention that was nearly 36 years ago??? I make the same meal today, but use the crock pot. I hope your daughter got one of those as a wedding gift. If not, that is an idea for a Christmas gift this year. I have a couple and have NO idea what I would do without. God bless them and their lives together.

YUMMY FOR THE TUMMY! Be sure to begin by greasing and PEPPERING the bottom of the pan. I'd add only o n e more ingredient....a good dash of ground NUTMEG all over the meat...to get a more "professional chef" taste. For the VEGGIES..carrots, be sure to cut them diagonally for best flavor, and celery large chunks to complete the meal. Use NEW potatoes for best flavor, cut in half.

: ?) God bless you, your meal, and be there in your midst.

Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef RoastSeptember 13, 2006
Crockpot Pork Roast
Crockpot Pork Roast Recipes
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Corpse Bride Costume
Pork Roast
Pork Roast Recipes
Little girl in a bride costume.
Making a Bride Costume
🎄