Keep Child's Quotes In A Journal

My 7 year old grandaughter says the most thoughtful things to me. I got the idea to start writing down the things she says. I purchased a beautiful journal which so reminds me of her.

When she says things like, "Nannie, I love you to the moon and back" or tells me she has to come help me because she loves just being with me, I have it all written down as to never forget the thoughtful, and loving things this beautiful child says to me. I record the dates also.

She has no idea I do this. When she grows up I will give this journal to her.

By ashleybunkin from WV

What a wonderful idea. I shall start doing this. I don't see my grandchildren too much, because they live a long way from me, and when I visit them they say such lovely things to me, which, as I'm getting older I forget. I'm always writing in notebooks, I wonder why I didn't think of this too. You are a genius. Leah from Queensland, Australia.

That's a great idea, wish I'd started that when my grandbabies started talking!

When my oldest child (age 27 now) was little,I wrote down all her milestones,everything she said & did in my calendar.I continued this through all 4 kids. The youngest is now 12 & I can look back at all the things they did & said. I tried to tell my daughter to do this when her twins were born, but she can't seem to remember or find the time-one of these days she will look back & regret it.

My son once told me "Mom, you are warmer than underwear." I hope I never forget that for as long as I live. I've kept a little 'quiet moments' book for both my kids to share with them as they get older. They both (my 13 and my 16 year old) love to hear the funny way they used to pronounce certain words or how they each made up the very first jokes they tried to tell. It's a great way to let them know that we do pay attention to all that they do because we love them so very much.

December 12, 2012 Flag

ashleybunkin wrote about journaling her granddaughter's quotes she made to her. I love it and have been looking for a journal to do this. Please help, what is the name of the journal she was speaking of? Thanks!

By Bonnie

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You don't need a special journal for this. A lot of people use a spiral notebook, for a really inexpensive journal, but the discount stores all have pretty journals in there stationery departments. I don't know of any special journals to keep kids quotes.

Mother and Father Helping Child with First Steps
Preserving Childhood Memories
Parenting General Parenting Joys of MotherhoodMay 5, 2010
Parenting an Autistic Child, Diamond shaped traffic sign warning, autistic child area.
Parenting an Autistic Child
Homemade Journal Ideas
Homemade Journal Ideas
Husband and Wife holding a baby
Adopting a Child
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal