Homemade Gift Ideas for Mother's Birthday

I do not know what to get my mom for her birthday. It needs to be homemade.

By Bailey

If you're crafty and creative why not make her a spa basket with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body cream, soaps, bubble bath, etc.

Her favorite meal.

I made a scrapbook for my mother-in-law with pictures I had of the family. Next thing I knew she had a bunch of old pictures for me to make another. If you start with meet the (father's parents) and pics of their children then go meet the (mother's parents) and pics of their children you can then go to now meet the (your father and mother) and their family. It takes some work but if you are creative you can do things like use an 8x10 pic of the old family house for the background of the parent's pic page. The second book was much more fun because I sat with her and questioned her about the pics and what was happening to give me ideas. Her husband and most of her boys were in the military so one page I made was a military page with the different branches they were in.

Bailey, I don't know your age or craft ability, but here's a simple idea: "favors coupons." If you're not very good on the computer you can write them by hand. That's what I did when I wanted to do this and didn't have a computer. If you do have a computer, use whatever program works best for you and make it as fancy as you like. I always preferred Publisher, and made a little poetry booklet with it once.

Each coupon could be for small chores you're offering to do for Mom: pick up dry cleaning, a small batch of groceries (like milk and eggs,) or prescriptions, vacuum the floor for her or other small household tasks... or hugs and kisses. At her convenience, she can turn in any coupon for redemption. If she likes it, maybe you could make one for other occasions, like Christmas or next Mother's Day. And an early happy birthday to your mom! I was born in May, too, and I think it's a great month for a birthday. :D

You can think of gifting a hand drawn portrait of your mom if you are good at painting. The other gifts that sounds great are a) A bouquet of flowers b) Linen Scarf c) Oven mitts, etc.

Two child's hand print ornaments.
Homemade Birthday Gift Ideas for Mom
Holidays and Parties Gifts BirthdayMay 6, 2011
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day