Homemade Birthday Gift Ideas for Mom

Category Homemade
Homemade birthday gifts for mom hold a special meaning. They can be geared to her personal interests and showcase your talents. This is a guide about homemade birthday gift ideas for mom.

My mom's birthday is next week and I have no money. What can I make her?

By Melyssa from Long Beach, CA

Answers

Best Answer

You can get a book at the library on origami and fold her a rose or a bunch of flowers and make a bouquet. You can make something out of paper mache. You can make her a nice card on your PC and print it out or if you have no printer you can send her an eCard. There are several sites for such.

If your not artsy you can make up a book of coupons that she can use for getting things done in the house by you. Things you normally don't do. One coupon for laundry day, good for having all the laundry collected, cleaned and folded. Two coupons for taking out the garbage. A coupon for washing windows. A coupon for vacuuming the house. A coupon for walking the dog. A coupon for mowing the yard. A coupon for dusting.

Obviously not all of these things would apply so you have to thing of what your mom does that you could do and make a coupon for it. If you think it might be too much on you add in small print on the back "only one coupon usable per day per household". :)

Best Answer

If it were me, I would love a heartfelt letter from my child or a homemade cake, or both!

Best Answer

You could also easily make a sugar hand scrub. I think it's just sugar, some kind of oil, a scent, and perhaps a little food coloring, and a jar with a lid to hold it in, look it up under body scrubs.

Best Answer

My son has been making a birthday supper for me every year since he was 4 years old. He is now 32. They have gotten more complicated as he got older. The first one was a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk. This year was BBQ steak, potatoes and corn on the cob. I look forward to this every year! Look in your fridge and see what you can find. And don't forget to clean up and do the dishes after supper!

Anonymous
Best Answer

Really good ideas here but the most important gift, in my honest opinion, is the gift of a visit and a hug and telling her the words 'I Truly Love You' on her birthday! :-)

My mother's 45th birthday is tomorrow and I don't know what to give her! I am currently not able to leave my house. What am I supposed to make or arrange? Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

Don't worry, we ended up planing a party for her and invited all of her best friends! She loved it!

I do not know what to get my mom for her birthday. It needs to be homemade.

By Bailey

Answers

If you're crafty and creative why not make her a spa basket with shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body cream, soaps, bubble bath, etc.

Anonymous

Her favorite meal.

I made a scrapbook for my mother-in-law with pictures I had of the family. Next thing I knew she had a bunch of old pictures for me to make another. If you start with meet the (father's parents) and pics of their children then go meet the (mother's parents) and pics of their children you can then go to now meet the (your father and mother) and their family. It takes some work but if you are creative you can do things like use an 8x10 pic of the old family house for the background of the parent's pic page. The second book was much more fun because I sat with her and questioned her about the pics and what was happening to give me ideas. Her husband and most of her boys were in the military so one page I made was a military page with the different branches they were in.

Bailey, I don't know your age or craft ability, but here's a simple idea: "favors coupons." If you're not very good on the computer you can write them by hand. That's what I did when I wanted to do this and didn't have a computer. If you do have a computer, use whatever program works best for you and make it as fancy as you like. I always preferred Publisher, and made a little poetry booklet with it once.

Each coupon could be for small chores you're offering to do for Mom: pick up dry cleaning, a small batch of groceries (like milk and eggs,) or prescriptions, vacuum the floor for her or other small household tasks... or hugs and kisses. At her convenience, she can turn in any coupon for redemption. If she likes it, maybe you could make one for other occasions, like Christmas or next Mother's Day. And an early happy birthday to your mom! I was born in May, too, and I think it's a great month for a birthday. :D

You can think of gifting a hand drawn portrait of your mom if you are good at painting. The other gifts that sounds great are a) A bouquet of flowers b) Linen Scarf c) Oven mitts, etc.

My mom's birthday is coming up in 2 days, and I need to make her something but I don't know what.
Any ideas?

Answers

How about a lovely photo album? With everything digital these days, she might enjoy having real photos of her family, trips, etc.

Or a pretty journal with her name on the front if she likes to write.

What can make for my mom out of paper?

By Beana Andre

Answers

I am a Mom and a Grandmother. Nothing is simpler and with the right wording a card you made yourself will do wonders. Tell her how much you love her and mention a special time you spent together than you remember. My adult son usually buys me flowers along with a card on Mother day and my birthday. The flowers wilt and die but the card I keep forever. Anyone can buy a gift or a card but it takes thought to make a card and put your loving words in writing.

What should I make my mom for her birthday (using household items)? I don't have much time for huge projects like sewing her a homemade patch. I only have one month and thirteen days. Please help. I need to start soon!

By Lucy from Cape Coral

Answers

Scrapbooks are always nice. You can use paper bags for the book and add whatever you want for decorations, or just write nice things or add quotes about her. You can add ribbon to attach hidden photos as well. I'm sure you can find some How To guides on the internet!