Birthday Gift Ideas for Your Mom

Category Birthday
Choosing just the right birthday gift for your mom is not always easy. This is a guide about birthday gift ideas for your mom.

My mom's B-day is very soon and I have no idea what to get her. Also, I don't really have any money. I already have a card, but I really want to get something more. I wish I could make something that's doesn't take much time, money and is easy to make.

My mom's Birthday is on 9th of July, so please help.

Mayah

Answers

If she likes to garden, make her a gardening gift basket.
All mothers love pictures of their family. Try giving her a new family portrait.
If she enjoys reading, get her a new book.
For more ideas:
http://voices.y … 18310.html?cat=7

I know this is a little out of reach for someone who isn't artistic, but I used old metal hangars and bent them all together in the shape of a tree and put green paperclips to the edge of 6 different branches (6 members of the family) and put pictures of the family on it. She loved it! It's sitting on her desk at school and she is always saying its great because it reminds her of her family that she loves so much.

My mom's bday is in 2 days, she is 44. I don't know what to get her. I'm 17. Dad walked out on us. My brothers go to visit him. I get her pjs every year and slippers, but I want to get her something different this year. I don't have much money either. Any suggestions?

By Jessica

My mom's birthday is coming up and I don't know what to give her, but the good thing is I saved up my money. I have 412$; anyone want to give some suggestions?

By Hailey from Spring, TX

Answers

Does she have a computer? You can get a nice one for $400 if you shop around. That's in a large town.

You know better than the rest of us what your Mother likes, needs, or wants.

Find out what her hobbies are? And or where her favorite place is to shop is? Sometimes a gift card where she shops is best. :)

Give her a hug and tell her you love her. That is priceless. And f you feel like you need to do more take her to a dinner and a movie. My mom love it when she doesn't have to cook and gets to see a movie that interests her.

Hi,
Another idea to give your mom for her birthday is make her a birthday cake and supper. Buy her some flowers. And give her coupons for doing jobs around the house for her like washing the fridge n stove around Christmas. I also remember writing a letter to my mom once on Mother's Day, about how she was so special, letting her know about the times I knew she sacrificed in many ways, and went through a lot when we were kids. I do a lot of little things for my Mom too, like printing of the Net topics she talks to me about, since she has no internet. The other day I printed out the TOU table, this is the Time Of Use Table for hydro costs through out the day, and on different months. I sometime take her dog for walks too. This are just a few ideas for you.

By now your mother probably has more "stuff" than places to put it. You can buy her a cheap $300 - $400 laptop online, and set up Skype for her. Nowadays almost all laptops have web cams built in, and with Skype she can video chat with family and friends for free. Skype is free.

The ability to do that will mean a lot more to her than any material goods. Setting it up is easy, and you can rig it so that it automatically starts, and all she has to do is select the person she wants to chat with.

This year you can set her up with a $10 head set, next year give her a desk microphone and a set of speakers (or connect a speaker cable to her home stereo), so that she can continue chatting while working in the kitchen. When I see how my father lights up, when I skype him at his breakfast table 8 time zones away from here, I know that there is no better gift than giving the ability to communicate.

Have FUN!
DearWebby
http:// webby.com/humor/blog

You've had some pretty good ideas, overall. Here's my two cents:

I don't know what your mom's income bracket is, so I hope I don't offend. The amount you named would pay one major bill (like mortgage or rent), or most of it. For me personally, that amount would also pay several smaller bills. (I'm thinking phone, electric and gas; we're on the percentage plan.) Of course, you'd need the information like to whom to write the check, payment address, etc, so it would be difficult to do it secretly.

On a smaller scale, my younger daughter and her hubby took us grocery shopping for Christmas a couple of years ago. We chose the food within the dollar amount they could spend, and they paid. Given your budget, you could stock Mom up on her favorite "luxury" foods, all the non-food items, etc, for some time. If you want time together, a day spa or mini-vacation together would be great.

What I asked for and got last year was the gift of time. My two daughters and one daughter-in-law and I all went to an inexpensive restaurant for lunch and enjoyed each other's company. Then we went back to my daughter-in-law's and put on a video. Of course, we spent more time playing with my grandson than watching the movie, but that's beside the point.

Last but not least, I love to window-shop at MaxiAids.com, which has adaptive tools for blind, deaf and mobility-impaired folks. I'd shop rather than window-shop if I could. I'm waiting for my next generous friend or family member to send me a gift certificate so I can get some things I need without paying out-of-pocket when I can't spare the cash.

Hope I've been of some help. Happy birthday to your mom!

What I want from my sons for my birthday or Christmas is a Roomba. I detest vacuuming, and we have 2 cats, so there is lots to clean. I do also have a lovely Dyson vacuum, but it doesn't push itself! Another gift I love is perfume. You wouldn't spend $400 on that, but it is a delightful gift.

If you are prepared to spend all that amount, what about a mother/daughter outing, take in a concert & supper at a fancy restaurant, a mom/daughter day at a spa getting massages and manicures, or go shopping for clothes with mom to her favorite store, you can buy an outfit and then do lunch. If I had a daughter, I'd love to do those things.

Does she have a ceiling fan? They can be bought reasonably cheap. Take her to dinner at her favorite restaurant and give her gift certificates to that restaurant or to stores she likes to shop at. Or, certificates to local movie theaters, or a dinner and a play, some form of entertainment. Certificates are my favorite gifts, helps me go places or eat out, that my limited income won't allow me to do otherwise. I am still trying to convince my kids of this for Christmas.

My mom is turning 46 tomorrow and I'm broke with ten bucks to spare. My mom, probably along with other moms, as well, says that she either doesn't want anything, or that she doesn't know what she wants. I need help.

My mother's birthday is next month. I have about 5 thousand Indian rupees. (My grandmother has a lot of money she can give, how much ever I want.) Money is not a problem.

A little about my mother: she is not interested to go to the spa, she hates jewelery like anything. She is on a diet so she doesn't like chocolates, is totally not interested in flowers and pictures.
I am buying her a cake. I thought of buying her a new pair of shoes and a set of chudies (an Indian dress). Does anyone have any ideas? (Her birthday is on May 4th 2011) and date of submission is 6th April 2011.
Cheers!

By Riya from Karanataka, India

Answers

Has she ever expressed interest in learning something like a hobby, etc? Since she is on a diet, she will need something to distract her in a happy way, from the habit of eating. Then, wearing her new shoes, and outfit, she could go and use a gift certificate for a class, or supplies for a new activity in her life.

Is she depressed? She seems to have cut the things most people like out of her life. How about a dinner where all the family gets to gether to honor her birthday. If she isn't pleased with that I think she might need to talk to someone.

Does she have any old friends that she has not seen in a while that may not be in the area that she lives? If so, maybe you could either arrange a trip for her to visit with them or pay to have them come to visit with her!

Anonymous

The best and most important gift you can give your mom is you! Spend as much of your time with her as possible on her birthday and simply thank her for being your mom and tell her that you love her!

Perhaps you both could make your shared favorite meal together (even if she is on a diet she would most likely have fun doing it even if she only eats a nibble of it), go for a walk, watch the sunrise or sunset together and talk, laugh, sing, smile and hug! Material gifts no matter how expensive are really, after all is said and done, absolutely nothing compared to sharing the gift of your heart and soul for the one you love who brought you into life!

It is difficult without knowing your mother's age. Does she have any hobbies that you could contribute to? Other possibilities are tickets to a play or movie, a DVD of her favorite movie, or a CD of her favorite group. Books are good as are puzzles. Does she like make-up? An out-of-season favorite fruit would be nice. Perfume, lotions, scarves, and as Deeli said, your self and time, spending the day with her.

I'm not familiar with Indian customs or what may or may not be available, so I hope I've mentioned some things that are available.

I always think just plain old time between a mother and daughter is vital, no matter what the age, religion or culture. Think of what just the two of you can do together and since money is not an object, I'd think of tickets somewhere for the two of you. You can both get all dressed up and look terrific. Is there a play or music you both can enjoy? Is getting your hair done acceptable to you both? Can it be done together if you make the appointment somewhere?

You sure know what your mom doesn't like-what does she like? Everyone likes something! How about a set of homemade coupons, 1 per month with things like a movie or play or concert, a trip to a botanical garden or zoo, a favorite dish she likes home-cooked by you, a lunch out, car wash or detail (if she drives), etc. a new book.

I have no idea what I should get my mom.

By Chris W.

My mother is coming 42 on May 5, 2014. Actually we're just poor. She doesn't like any spa, make-ups, and any fashionistic things.

We're just living in a very simple life. She is a farmer honestly. And I don't know what to give to her. I really don't have an idea. Can you guys help me?

By Grace

My mom's birthday is this month, so I'm planning to get some clothes for her, she likes classic clothes. Any suggestions? Please help.

By Max

Answers

I would go to somewhere like Sears, or JC Penny. Ask a sales clerk for help or assistance picking out an outfit. I know lots of people in retail and they honestly like being asked to do so. They say it's a lot of fun picking out clothes for others, rather than standing behind the register or folding clothes in the back. So don't hesitate to ask! That's what they are there for.

As a mom, I would be thrilled to have my son take me shopping for clothes. That would solve the problem of size and color choices. It is hard to buy clothes without first trying them on, unless you stick to pretty simple items like sweaters . Even then, it can be tricky. This year there are a lot of shawls and ponchos and such things. Those would be good items to get, as there is no size/fit issue with those. But, personally, I'd like to be taken on a shopping outing by my son.

My mom's 39th birthday is in the 2nd week of January and I don't know what to get her! I have about 400 RMB (Chinese money) (I know it's not much because I just moved to China).

By Hiba A.

My mum's birthday is very close by and I don't know what to get her! My money limit is $10 - 20.

By Shruti

My mom's birthday is tomorrow, and I couldn't sneak a present for her from the mall because my brothers made her angry and we had to leave right that second. I have no other way to get her a gift now! Not even a simple birthday card. What should I do?

By Dalia S.

My mum's birthday is tomorrow. My dad has travelled this Thursday and I don't know what to do. I don't have a gift and I can't get out of the house to get one. What shall I do instead?

My mom's birthday is around the corner and I still don't have somthing fo her! Please help me.

By Lena D

My mom's B-day is very soon and I have no idea what to get her. Also, I don't really have any money. I already

have a card, but I really want to get something more. I wish I could make something that's doesn't take much time,

money and is easy to make.

Mayah

Answers:

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

What about a homemade coupon book for the things she really hates to do, like dishes, mow the lawn, make dinner,

fold laundry, grocery shopping, or so on? Good luck! (06/30/2005)

By smcarney

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

Do your chores with out being told, don't complain and don't ask to be rewarded for it. When she notices, give her

a hug, kiss and tell her "Happy birthday, mom, you're the best mom in the whole wide world!"

She will think yours is the best present. (06/30/2005)

By Joanne

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

Find a picture that you think she would really like, maybe have it enlarged on a color copier if you know someone

who has one, get a pretty frame at Dollar Tree, and you have a beautiful gift for about $2. (06/30/2005)

By suzi homemaker

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

Aren't you sweet! I would like to add to the other people's ideas.

Take an old Kleenex box or a shoe box and decorate it. You could use wrapping paper or brown paper bags and color

it.

Put in some tasks that you wouldn't mind doing for your mom. And put on the slip of paper, "Done without

grumbling!"
It can be as simple as brushing her hair or a quick back massage if she likes that. Or some type of cleaning.

The only trick is, don't forget to do it without grumbling!

Good luck! (06/30/2005)

By Paula in GA

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

OR......
How about writing a one page summary of the most memorable thing she has done for you that has made you a better

person, because obviously she has done a great job if you want to do something special for her! Don't forget to

mention that you will never forget that experience.

You could write it in your best handwriting or type it because I guarantee she will keep it FOREVER!

Good luck! (06/30/2005)

By Paula in GA

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

Let's give our moms the world! or maybe just a "You mean the world to Me mug!" (07/20/2005)

By Star

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

I know this is late!

I have the same problem. Really, I think you should make something really special. Like maybe a memory and make a

picture out of it. Then transform it into clay! (08/27/2005)

By The Helper

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

This is to late for you this year, but have just read the post.
My mom turned 80 this August. There are 7 or us kids. I contacted everyone and asked for memories of mom when we

were growing up. Five contributed as well as three in laws and 3 grandchildren.
I made it into a booklet for her and she loves it.

Perhaps next year you could make your mom a booklet about all the special things your mom does and why you

think she is so special. It would be something for her to keep and read again and again.
(10/19/2005)

By Anne NZ

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

I gave my mom a big kiss and hug for her birthday and her birthday is tomorrow. I don't always have money for

every thing. (10/29/2006)

By Jamie

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

Buy just an ordinary frame from Michael's craft store and decorate it. I painted mine gold and then used all

different colored tiles and beads on it. Then I placed a picture of my brothers and I in it. My mom absolutely

loved it! She has it up at work and gets complements on it all the time. (07/20/2007)

By Sheila

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

For those of you with little time (who might that be?) and little money (everybody?) We made my husband a collage

of pictures of our 2 boys. All it cost was the price of the frame. The picture spots were all cut out and I

rummaged through the old photos and got some that were especially cute with him and each boy. It has remained one

of his favorite gifts especially since the boys pictured are grown and gone now. (07/26/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

When my children were 10 and I had a birthday coming they would make gift certificates for me for chores that I

had to do or that I usually paid them to do. They would either type or write the certificates and I would cash

them in when I needed the chore done. Examples are doing dishes (without complaint!), washing the car, polishing

shoes, washing outside windows (my favorite!) and folding and putting away laundry. I used the time to sit and

read or maybe I actually did the chore with my son and we had some good time together. I imagine any mother would

enjoy that! (07/29/2008)

By Glenn'sMom

By

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

Think of something she would love! Anything you have in your house, make for her, even if you only have art

supplies. I sure she would love it if you made a nice picture for her or a nice painting, moms love anything! They

just love the children's effort. (12/17/2008)

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

This is what I did for my mom last year and it's really cute! Make a gift basket for her. Get a big popcorn bucket

from the video store like Blockbuster and throw her favorite movie, candy, and maybe a giftcard in it!

(12/30/2009)

By knl917191

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

When I was 13 I wrote a poem for my mom and she absolutely loved it! I wrote about how she's the best mom ever,

how she does so much for me and so on. I did this for Mother's day, but it would make a great birthday present as

well. Believe me, a nice poem will make any mother teary eyed! (07/18/2010)

By Adawg97

Birthday Present Ideas For My Mom

A nice gift for your mom doesn't have to be expensive. Also remember that women love to be feminine and also love

to be complimented. So, my solution to you, which I believe is also the perfect gift:

A feminine, stylish, and unique accessory, such as a scarf!
It's a relatively inexpensive gift. Women love them. Trust me. I have seen it with my own eyes how they go crazy

over them. It seems they never go out of style. You don't have to worry over sizes or anything like that!
(01/08/2011)

By mrjfonti