Birthday Gift Ideas for Your Mother

My mother is coming 42 on May 5, 2014. Actually we're just poor. She doesn't like any spa, make-ups, and any fashionistic things.

We're just living in a very simple life. She is a farmer honestly. And I don't know what to give to her. I really don't have an idea. Can you guys help me?

By gracelpucot

Think of the things she does like but can't afford, then make her some "coupons" that you and her friends/family can provide. If she loves to plant flowers but can't, offer a coupon for one whole day of planting flowers...or if she wants a nice afghan for the cold weather coming, have someone or someones make a square a week then put them together.

Can she still clean the windows? If not, someone can make a coupon for that. Does she love Italian food but can't afford it? Do any of her friends want to make her a dish a month for a year? How about a hug a day? A nice massage? Does the car need to be washed? Offer to photo graph the belongings in the house in case of a disaster?

There are always things we can do that can be made into coupons that she can "redeem" when needed. I hope that helped.
PBP

As a poor mom myself (my income not my parenting) I would suggest something simple. Make her her favorite dinner or dessert. Get a movie from the library that she loves or has wanted to see and watch it with her.

Clean up the dishes,bathroom,laundry etc as a surprise for her. Write her a heartfelt letter. Make a collage of old pictures of you and her. It is really the simple thins that mean the most.

Write her a love letter!

Anonymous

Hi, being poor or rich doesn't matter to a mom. You can gift her a handwritten card in which you can express how thankful you are to have such a supporting and lovely mother.