BathroomHome Improvement

Use Towels as Bathroom Curtain

I have a large window in my master bath above a garden tub that can allow someone to look in when the leaves are off the trees. A simple remedy I came up with was to put a tension rod in the window, and hem the top of 2 bath towels to hang on the rod. I make a new set every winter, as that is a good supply of a couple new bath towels each year, and it also helps keep heat in the bathroom. I have a smaller window in the same bathroom, that I do the same for, using hand towels.

I usually buy my towels during the summer when Walmart has their linens on sale. I get the same sage green color each time, so they all match. When I am done, I simply remove the tension rods, pull out the basted in hem, and wash the towels.

You could use the same towels each year, but I like having a couple new towels, plus it keeps them from getting faded from being in the window all the time.

By mom-from-missouri from NW MO

I do this and change out colors too. Best way to make the room look different with pocket change. We grew up with my mom doing this back in the 50s.