Use Towels as Bathroom Curtain

I have a large window in my master bath above a garden tub that can allow someone to look in when the leaves are off the trees. A simple remedy I came up with was to put a tension rod in the window, and hem the top of 2 bath towels to hang on the rod. I make a new set every winter, as that is a good supply of a couple new bath towels each year, and it also helps keep heat in the bathroom. I have a smaller window in the same bathroom, that I do the same for, using hand towels.

I usually buy my towels during the summer when Walmart has their linens on sale. I get the same sage green color each time, so they all match. When I am done, I simply remove the tension rods, pull out the basted in hem, and wash the towels.

You could use the same towels each year, but I like having a couple new towels, plus it keeps them from getting faded from being in the window all the time.

By mom-from-missouri from NW MO

I do this and change out colors too. Best way to make the room look different with pocket change. We grew up with my mom doing this back in the 50s.

Home and Garden Home Improvement BathroomJanuary 14, 2011
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent