Personalized Pillowcases

Personalized pillow cases cost next to nothing to make, and will be treasured by your receiver for years to come! This gift is appropriate gift for all ages, male or female. They are also easy-peasy to make.

Approximate Time: 1 hour or less

• 1 bought or made pillowcase (Google instructions)
  • colourful scraps of material
  • scissors
  • pins
  • gluestick
  • sewing machine or needle and thread if you're patient
  • ribbon to decorate

Instructions:

1. If you are making your pillowcase from scratch, do this first. You can always use a new or used pillowcase too.
  2. Iron your pillowcase flat.
  3. Cut out the letters of your receiver's name, or shapes relating to their hobby, get creative! It doesn't need to be too neat.
  4. Iron your shapes.
  5. Using your gluestick, glue your shapes/letters in place. Use pins to hold them on as well.
  6. Sew around the edges with a needle and thread or sewing machine, being careful not to sew into the back
  7. Sew on any embellishments like ribbon or lace, wherever you like. Now your pillowcase is ready to wrap and give!
  8. By Emily from Sydney, Australia

This is a fantastic idea! especially for me as so many of the kids in my family have unusual names so we struggle to buy anything personalized for them. I will be off to the new year sales for pillowcases and materials!

Thanks for sharing such a great idea.

What a great idea. It is hard to find cute personalized items for people with unusual names.

This is a neat idea! If you don't sew there is a glue that is washable that you can use. I think it is called No Sew. I am not 100% sure on that name but you can find it at a craft store.

I just received an order for 10 personalized pillowcases - I make my own case and add a 4 inch hem with their name embroidered on it. They look great and are all different. See the attached pic.

If you are hand sewing your embellishments to the pillowcase it might be of help to use an embroidery hoop to apply so as not to sew through th back.

Homemade pillowcases
Making a Pillowcase
Crafts SewingDecember 31, 2010
bride and groom cookies
Buying Personalized Wedding Favors
personalized coffee mugs
Making Personalized Mugs
Plain M&Ms
Buying Personalized M&Ms
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
Storing Sheets Inside Pillowcases
🎉
🎄