Use Outgrown Long Skirts for Pillowcases

contest winner icon

As we outgrew our favorite skirts or long dress, my mom used to cut a pillow case out of it. That way, we kept our favorite skirts longer, and it saved on pillow cases. If you have long skirts, use them for king or queen size pillow cases.

Source: In memory of Catherine Arabie Payne

By Kathy Bourg from Jefferson, LA

About 32 years ago, I made most of my own maternity dresses, and there was one fabric, sort of a dusty-blue "grandma's trunk" print that I really liked.

After the baby, I cut off the bottom, added a waistband, and made a dirdnl skirt out of it. Then I turned that into a window topper a few years later.

An old quilt--probably over 60 years old now, was losing its binding, so I used those scraps to make bias binding and sun and moon patches for the worn parts.

A few years ago, I made more bias binding to put around hand towels and wash cloths.

I definitely got the good out of that fabric.

Crafts Recycled Crafts OtherDecember 31, 2011
🌻
🎂
📓