Using Corn in a Homemade Heat Pack

Category Home Remedies
Homemade heat packs can be filled with various grains. This is a guide about using corn in a homemade heat pack.

What type of corn do you use in a heat pack?

Deej from Phoenix, AZ

Best Answer

my sister makes and sells these heat packs from corn and they sell like hot cakes. she buys feed corn from our local feedstore, comes in smaller to larger size bags. she sells lots of them steadily so she buys the 25 pound bag which is like $8. i have one she made for my grandson that she made in the cars theme using polar fleece fabric. just 2 minutes in the microwave will keep it warm for 2 hours. can also freeze them for the hot summer days to stay cool or use on sprangs. i have also seen her use rice in the bags which conforms better i think to your body like your neck but corn tends to stay warmer longer.

Best Answer

You want to use a feed corn, whole, not cracked corn. They make great bedwarmers in the winter for people that always have cold feet.

i dont know about corn.... but I have always use rice. You just put it in a sock and microwave it until hot. I used it all the time when I was preggo! :)

Buy feed corn at a feed store; sometimes it's called deer corn. Be sure and microwave the corn you're putting into the heat pads... not a long time, maybe a minute or so. I didn't microwave the corn and imagine my surprise when I saw these bug-like things in the closet... it was weevils hatched from the corn. Good grief :)