Using Corn in a Homemade Heat Pack

What type of corn do you use in a heat pack?

Deej from Phoenix, AZ

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

my sister makes and sells these heat packs from corn and they sell like hot cakes. she buys feed corn from our local feedstore, comes in smaller to larger size bags. she sells lots of them steadily so she buys the 25 pound bag which is like $8. i have one she made for my grandson that she made in the cars theme using polar fleece fabric. just 2 minutes in the microwave will keep it warm for 2 hours. can also freeze them for the hot summer days to stay cool or use on sprangs. i have also seen her use rice in the bags which conforms better i think to your body like your neck but corn tends to stay warmer longer.

i dont know about corn.... but I have always use rice. You just put it in a sock and microwave it until hot. I used it all the time when I was preggo! :)

You want to use a feed corn, whole, not cracked corn. They make great bedwarmers in the winter for people that always have cold feet.

Buy feed corn at a feed store; sometimes it's called deer corn. Be sure and microwave the corn you're putting into the heat pads... not a long time, maybe a minute or so. I didn't microwave the corn and imagine my surprise when I saw these bug-like things in the closet... it was weevils hatched from the corn. Good grief :)

Crafts AdviceFebruary 8, 2008
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 9:24:41 AM on 10.0.2.225 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.