Body Sugaring for Hair Removal

I once, many years ago, bought a half jar of NADS hair body sugaring product. It is non-toxic, edible, and it is great! That was over 20 years ago, now it is so expensive - $24.00. Here is a version I make for next to nothing just for my eyebrows. It does hurt so pull the sock off really fast!

• 5 or 6 packets sugar
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1/3 of a 1/4 cup measure of honey
  • A drizzle of molasses if you have it

Directions:

Heat for one minute or less in Microwave until bubbly, allow to cool for a bit, then place in fridge to cool off quicker. When thick, get a popsicle stick and apply to hair you want gone under eyebrow. Put a sock on it. Rub three times then rip off and try not to scream. Pull off against direction of hair growth for best results. Wash off and take a Benadryl.

Source: http://www.pioneerthinking.com/bodysugaring.html

By Robyn from Hampton TN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Does it hurt worse to do this or to get your eyebrows waxed?

This doesn't hurt me at all really, I don't like wax because of the hotness of it. I found you cant use sugaring on a hot day because it will melt. It is great, I hate tweezing my eyebrows. It makes me sneeze and then causes an allergy attack!

May 27, 2010 Flag

Regarding this home made version of body sugaring, does anyone know if this works as good on the eyebrow area as NADS does?

pioneerthinking.com

Thank you.

By Robyn from Hampton, TN

Answers:

Body Sugaring for Hair Removal

I honestly don't know but why don't you just make up half a batch and give it a try? You probably have all the items on hand already and it does state you really don't have to use molasses. (05/10/2010)

By Deeli

Body Sugaring for Hair Removal

Here it is:

Eyebrow sugaring

• 1/4 cup sugar (6 packets)
  • 1/6 oF 6 tsp. (one tsp.) lemon juice
  • 1/2 of 1/4 cup and then one half of that of honey
  • A drizzle of molasses if you have it

Heat for one minute or until bubbly, then put on stove for a bit, then in fridge to cool off quicker. When thick, get a pop stick and apply to hair you want gone under eyebrow and put a sock on it. Rub three times and then rip off and try not to scream.

Yaa.

Wash off and take a benadryl. LOL

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/bodysugaring.html
(05/20/2010)

By Robyn Fed

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Laser Hair Removal
Saving Money on Hair Removal
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalMay 27, 2010
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 5:29:52 AM on 10.0.1.15 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.