TipsMake Up Tips

Use Eyeshadow As Lip Color

This is a beauty tip I figured out when I was a teenager and wanted interesting lip colors like blue and silver, but it works just as well on pinks, reds, browns, and purples too (normal colors lol).

Exfoliate your lips gently, then apply a thin layer of eyeshadow in whatever color you like over your lips. Adjust the color to the intensity you want, then apply a thin layer of chapstick over the shadow. Rub lips together, blot, and repeat.

You get a wider selection of colors, since there are way more eye shadow colors available then lipsticks, and the color lasts much longer since it is a powdered form. Your lips stay moist from the chapstick and if you need more moisture throughout the day, you can just dab some more chapstick on.

By ragingdarkwaters from Lakewood, OH

This is a great idea. It's opened all new doors. Thank you. :)

I would never put stuff on my mouth that has all these chemicals in it. Use what is made for your lips, even then it may be unhealthy, some lipsticks contain lead.

I always use the natural mineral makeups so I have never worried about the chemicals. I have super sensitive skin so I go with the least ingrediants.

Having found myself at the gym after a session with no lipstick but some brown eyeshadow, I lightly coloured my lips with the eyeshadow and added shine with vaseline. It worked very well, adding a hint of colour.

By Paola from Australia

Answers:

Use Brown Eyeshadow As Lip Color

Be careful to not re-use the eyeshadow on your eyelids after using on your lips; the cleanest person in the world has bacteria in the mouth that can really cause eye problems. (It's natural bacteria but it still harms the eyes.) So don't ever rub your eyes or even touch anywhere near your eyes after touching the inside of your mouth or anywhere near it! (10/26/2007)

By Lynn from Calif.